Indebted to the wrong people, with his life on the line, veteran of the U.S. Cavalry and now hired gun, Booker De-Witt has only one opportunity to wipe his slate clean. He must rescue Elizabeth, a mysterious girl imprisoned since childhood and locked up in the flying city of Columbia. Forced to trust one another, Booker and Elizabeth form a powerful bond during their daring escape. Together, they learn to harness an expanding arsenal of weapons and abilities, as they fight on zeppelins in the clouds, along high-speed Sky-Lines, and down in the streets of Columbia, all while surviving the threats of the air-city and uncovering its dark secret.
BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter with role-playing elements. As Booker, the player moves about the various structures of Columbia using a grappling hook, a series of railways connecting the buildings called the Skyline, and other transport means to search for Elizabeth. The player will gain weapons which can be used in numerous ways within the environment, including on the Skyline, to defeat enemies. Booker gains powers and abilities by using ?vigors? and wearing gear that are found through Columbia. Vigors grant activated powers such as telekinesis, electricity manipulation, or animal control, while selected gear are passive abilities that can improve the player's strength or damage resistance. With gear, the player has four available slots, and has to make decisions on which combination of offensive and defensive capabilities work for them. The key to success is to use vigor and weapons strategically ? the player will be rewarded for considering all elements of the combat scenario and utilising the tools at Booker?s disposal in the best way possible!
- The City in the Sky ? Leave the depths of Rapture to soar among the clouds of Columbia. A techno¬logical marvel, the flying city is a beautiful and vibrant world that holds a very dark secret.
- Unlikely Mission ? Set in 1912, hired gun Booker DeWitt must rescue a mysterious girl from the sky-city of Columbia or never leave it alive.
- Whip, Zip, and Kill ? Turn the city?s Sky-Lines into weaponized roller coasters as you zip through the flying city and dish out fatal hands-on punishment.
- Tear Through Time ? Open Tears in time and space to shape the battlefield and turn the tide in com¬bat by pulling weapons, turrets, and other resources out of thin air.
- Vigorous Powers ? Throw explosive fireballs, shoot lightning, and release murders of crows as dev-astatingly powerful Vigors surge through your body to be unleashed against all that oppose you.
- Custom Combat Experience ? With deadly weapons in one hand, powerful Vigors in the other, and the ability to open Tears in time and space, fight your own way through the floating city of Columbia to rescue Elizabeth and reach freedom.
- 1999 Mode ? Upon finishing BioShock Infinite, the player can unlock a game mode called ?1999 Mode? that gives experienced players a taste of the kind of design and balance that hardcore gamers enjoyed back in the 20th century.
Developed by Irrational Games, BioShock Infinite won more than 75 editorial awards at E3 in 2011, including the Game Critics Awards’ Best of Show. The title has been named one of the most anticipated games of 2012 by more than 50 media outlets, including WIRED, USA Today, TIME, GameSpot, and GameTrailers. The BioShock franchise is one of the interactive entertainment industry’s most successful and critically acclaimed series, which has sold-in over 9 million units worldwide.
BioShock Infinite puts players in the role of Booker DeWitt, a hard-bitten former Pinkerton agent, together with the revolutionary AI companion, Elizabeth. The two struggle to escape the sky-city of Columbia, in a 1912 America that might have been. Armed with an arsenal of new weapons and abilities, they face menacing enemies, in unique expansive environments. Classic BioShock gameplay joins innovations such as aerial combat on high-speed Sky-Lines in the service of an immersive storyline – an Irrational Games signature.